Wednesday, November 29, 2006 . 11/29/2006
The day before Thanksgiving, my mom mentioned that the last time we went to my aunt and uncle's house (the religious side), while I was playing checkers with my cousin she overheard my grandpa saying things about gays, and how "there are just some things out there we will never understand" or something to that effect. This made me really wish I was paying attention. For ages it seems, I've been waiting to tell off my idiot relatives and how stupid they sound, but the chance always seems to bypass me.I thought Christianity was supposed to be about peace and tolerence, and yet the bible itself contradicts this by saying gays will go to hell, because it is unnatural. It has rescently been observed that animals in the wild can be gay or bisexual. Some people could say, "Well, if that's natural, then why don't we allow murder? Animals kill, too". First off, it is very rare that an animal would kill it's own species, except for crocodiles, who tend to eat hatchlings that aren't their own. Second, murder harms people, being gay doesn't. If one were to say that it harms you mentally, then that person must be very shallow.
It still amazes me so much that religion has survived all these years, even with science explaining what couldn't be explained in ancient times. It's like religious people are at a stand-still, refusing to move and progress, refusing to learn anything but what their holy texts say. This can even happen in things non-religious. For example, my dad has been having headaches quite often lately. My mom and I tried to explain to him that drinking Pepsi and eating salty nuts wasn't doing any help in relieving those headaches and migrains, but all he did was say "yeah, yeah" and made childish faces. He refused to listen, refused to learn anything new. I even told this to him, and he came up with some stupid remark that I can't even remember.
All religious things aside.. lastnight after House, the news came on, and I noticed (not for the first time either) that all was reported were bad things. Some random person was murdered, some random house or building was set on fire. They never report any positive things, and not because there isn't any. After all, who would give a damn if some lady gave birth? No one, because it happens everyday. Well, so does murder and shootings and theivery. Just because it's more dramatic, they think people will care. And some do, but I think most wouldn't give a flying shit. Murder, fires, theivery, etc happens everyday, we get it.
The only things that should be on the news are things that might actually effect you, such as a virus going around or a new discovery in science. Or even a celebrity who thousands admired dying, or with help identifying a theif. Enough with these "so-and-so was shot today in Detroit".. how does that effect me? It doesn't. Call me souless, but I doubt people want to waste time watching negative events being broadcasted while they're waiting for the Weather. It's depressing, and it just makes me realise how much of a fucked up world we live in. I think everyone knows this by now, except maybe for those who are sheltered against the outside world. And maybe this is why they show negative events, so it isn't like people are being sheltered against such a terrible world. Only when the populace could be in danger, such as a roaming murderer, should such things be broadcasted. Saying on the news that someone's grandpa died is like saying some random woman gave birth. Who cares? The ones involved would care, of course, but why bring it up on the news? 0 Comments - Post/view comments