<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6524442?origin\x3dhttps://imaginedrae.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, June 25, 2007 . 6/25/2007

I went to the mall with my mom, aunt, cousin, and grandma on Saturday. It was okay I guess; better than just going with my mom.

When we were first leaving for the mall, my aunt and grandma practically gawked at these Muslims as they drove by. It was like they've never seen women in a burka before, although it was probably just intolerance and a misconception that all Muslims are violent.

Anyway, while we were at the mall my cousin wanted to go to a Limited Too store (gag) and I went to a Borders Express, which are always shitty, mind you.

As we went through all these clothing stores, I noticed that every single store had clothes with a main theme: hippy-ish and something you'd buy at a garage sale. Yet people seem to think that these clothes are "cute". Right.

A lady at an H&M store who barely spoke english asked if I worked there, but all I heard at first was "Excoose me do you wo0dsigsdgh heerwasvewt", or something. I thought she was asking if I spoke her language, but then FINALLY I understood.

We spent about four hours shopping. I really don't get people who can shop for so damn long. It's boring, it's stupid, and it's tiring. If I spend too long shopping I get really cranky.

As we were about to leave, this one woman pointed out to her friend what I was wearing (it was a black-denim skirt with long frills or whatever). I was looking STRAIGHT at her and her friend, who was by then also pointing. What the fuck is up with people?

Oh, and I almost forgot.. my aunt said that my uncle wanted her to where something more "pastoral" and so she was looking at the more formal clothes. That got me to thinking how much time they are wasting going to church. It's just amazing to me that people can still believe in a god. Especially one with this story:

"There was a god who created the world in six days, impregnated a virgin so that she could give birth to a god-man, who was also God, but on earth. He walked on water, did miracles, and rose people from the dead. He also rose himself from the dead after getting persecuted dying for the world's sins."

If any of this sounds reasonable to you, then you need a desperate reality check.

Which brings me to another point: most, if not all, religious people know absolutely nothing about the history of their religion. I'm not talking about those myths in their "holy texts" either, but the actual, true history. Like many ancient myths way before Christianity even existed are almost EXACTLY similar to the one above.

---------

You Have Not Been Ruined by American Culture

You're nothing like the typical American. In fact, you may not be American at all.
You have a broad view of the world, and you're very well informed.
And while you certainly have been influenced by American culture (who hasn't?), it's not your primary influence.
You take a more global philosophy with your politics, taste, and life. And you're always expanding and revising what you believe.
Has American Culture Ruined You?
1 Comments -

i like to move it move it

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:32 AM  

Post/view comments