<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6524442?origin\x3dhttps://imaginedrae.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 . 5/27/2008

Ever feel like just doing schoolwork at home and never having to step foot into a classroom? Like correspondence classes, for example?

Don't do it. Just don't. I have been taking correspondence classes for a little over a year or two now and I am not getting anything out of it. Thing is, I only have a final exam to complete and I'll be done with high school.

I regret not sticking with regular school so much, I really do. Why?

  1. No teachers. You are your own teacher, and while this may sound good at first, it really isn't all it's cracked up to be. Unless you are a person that can stay super focused, being your own teacher is not a good idea.
  2. Schedule. You need to make your own. If you're a procrastinator like I tend to be, this is bad.
  3. It just isn't fun. Unless you are doing correspondence with a friend, it gets pretty damn lonely and boring.
  4. It feels like I could be learning a hell of a lot more. See #1.
In the end, if you still want to do schoolwork at home, go for the internet-based option instead, with actual schedules and live teachers. You'll learn more that way, and it won't feel like you're wasting your time.

Labels:

0 Comments - Post/view comments